Journal of Vibration Testing and System Dynamics
Reviewer Selection Guideline for Journal Reviewing Process
All submissions for publication consideration are first assessed by the Editor. Upon a favorable initial assessment, manuscripts are subject to peer review by independent, anonymous expert referees identified by following the General Guidelines for Selection as delineated in the Bylaws of the Vibration Testing and System Dynamics below:
- Potential referees must be nominated by established professionals or scholars, or the advisory board members in the corresponding fields. Nominated reviewers must be approved by the Editors of the Journal.
- Potential referees must be recognized professionals of good standing in the corresponding fields. He or she should have a profound understanding of the subject matters required to perform the review. He or she must also be actively involved in research and/or teaching within the past two (2) years when being nominated.
- The nominated reviewer must demonstrate individual expertise in the field related to the mission of the Journal and meeting the following minimum requirements:
- A related Doctoral Level Degree with at least two years of research experience in the related field.
- He or she must be familiar with the current development of the respective fields.
- He or she must present evidences to demonstrate as being distinguished in the respective research field. Acceptable evidence includes:
- At least two recent publications in internationally circulated Journals or Periodicals
that are leading publications in the related scientific field;
- A reference letter from independent personnel with plausible credentials, including
but not limited to: tenured professors of university in United States; scientists
from Research and Development departments of industry research; research personnel
from government agencies and laboratories; and other accredited institu-tions of
- Prior review experiences for other journals, periodicals and conferences held by
accredited professional associations or societies.
Final decision of selection is the responsibility of the Editor-in-Chief for the Journal. Criteria provided in this guideline only serves as the minimal requirements for the selection of review referees. The Editor-in-Chief of the Vibration Testing and System Dynamics should consider other relevant facts as appropriate when deciding whether to accept the nomination or not.