Discontinuity, Nonlinearity, and Complexity
Reviewer Selection Guideline for Journal Reviewing Process
From the journal bylaws, reviewers for submitted manuscript of the Journal “Discontinuity,
Nonlinearity and Complexity” are selected by the journal Editors and Publications.
General guidelines for selection are:
- Potential reviewer must be nominated by the established scientists (or advisory board
members) in the corresponding fields. Nominated reviewers must be approved by the
editor of the Journal.
- Potential reviewers should be very good at the corresponding areas or fields. She/he
should have a profound understanding of materials for reviewing, and s/he must be
actively involved in research/teaching within the past two (2) years when nominated.
- Nominated Reviewer must demonstrate individual expertise in the field related to
that Journal and Publication, with minimum requirement of
- A related Doctoral Level Degree with at least two years of research experience in
the related field.
- S/he must be familiar with current development of respective scientific fields.
- Nominated Reviewer must present evidence to show his/her outstanding status in respective
research field. Acceptable evidence includes:
- At least two recent publications in internationally circulated Journals or Periodicals
that are leading publications in the related scientific field;
- A reference letter from independent personnel with plausible credentials, including
but not limited to: tenured professors of university in United States; scientists
from Research and Development departments of industry research; research personnel
from government agencies and laboratories; and other accredited institu-tions of
- Prior review experiences for other journals, periodicals and conferences held by
accredited professional associations or societies.
Final decision of selection is the responsibility of Chief-in-Editor for the journal.
Criteria provided in this guideline only serves as minimal requirement for the selection
of a reviewer. Chief-in-Editor for the Journal “Discontinuity, Nonlinearity and
Complexity” should consider other facts regarding its particular field and nominated
reviewer in deciding whether to accept the nomination or not.